- Street: 15 Rue Georges Clemenceau
- City: Orsay
- Country: France
- Zip/Postal Code: 91400
- Listed: June 10, 2018 2:04 am
- Expires: 8526 days, 5 hours
- Paris-Sud University is a place dedicated to high-level research, focused on understanding the world, backing student success and responding to the needs of society. Its high level of research is evidenced by numerous awards and its position in international rankings. But Paris-Sud University can also be proud of its leading position among French universities, in terms of integration of students and doctoral students.
- After World War 2, the rapid growth of nuclear physics and chemistry meant that research needed more and more powerful accelerators, which required large spaces. The Université de Paris, the Ecole Normale Supérieure and the Collège de France were all searching for space near Orsay, to the south of Paris.
- In 19584, the Parc de Launay in Orsay (160 hectares) was bought by the State. In 1955, construction began on the Institut de Physique Nucléaire (Nuclear Physics Institute) and the Laboratoire de l’Accélérateur Linéaire (Linear Accelerator Laboratory) by the architect Seassal, under the scientific direction of Joseph Pérès, Irène and Frédéric Juliot-Curie and Hans von Halban
1573 total views, 1 today
Listing ID: 32959bafd1ebb2c6