Uppsala University will
- gain and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of humankind and for a better world.
- be a local, national and international meeting place for knowledge, culture and critical dialogue.
- develop new areas of knowledge through cross-disciplinary cooperation.
- be an integrated educational and research environment.
- be open to the outside world.
- contribute to achieving sustainable solutions to the challenges facing society.
- have a working environment and leadership characterised by openness, responsibility and trust.
- have an ethical attitude and approach, and activities characterised by equal opportunities